Women Leading in Education : Find a Coach
We would like to invite women teachers at all stages of their career to access a coach to help them develop their leadership skills and reach their potential as a woman leading in education. The DfE has developed a Coach Directory of experienced coaches who have pledged their time for free. You can access up to three sessions of free coaching, either through choosing a coach directly from the register, or by contacting your regional network and asking about opportunities to meet local coaches face to face.
- give you flexible support tailored to your needs
- give you the opportunity to consider your career options
- enhance your performance and effectiveness
- help you reflect on how you might behave differently to make greater impact
- build self-confidence and resilience to find solutions
- help you achieve your full career potential
Once you have signed up, you will be invited to access the directory to select a suitable coach. We recommend following the steps below to choose the most appropriate coach:
- You can search by phase or region to find an initial match
- You can then view profiles of individual coaches to find one that feels right
- Email the coach directly with your contact information, what you hope the coaching will help you with, and when you wish to start your coaching
- The coach will reply within 10 working days. You may wish to email more than one coach so you can select the one that feels right for you
- Discuss your requirements with the coach and agree if you wish to work together
- Agree your “coaching contract” or agreement on how you will work together. This should include timings, length of session, location (or if by email/phone or a mixture). An example can be found here
- Once you have completed your coaching sessions, complete an evaluation with your coach. This will remain confidential between the two of you. An example can be found here
If you have already registered for support from a coach and would like help in finding a suitable match in your region, either through face to face events or just by talking through your requirements, please contact your regional lead using the details below.
|North – North East||Anna Harrison||AHarrison@st-wilfrids.org|
|Lancashire & West Yorkshire||Maxine Robertsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|East Midlands, South Yorkshire & Humber||Emma Sheasbyemail@example.com|
|West Midlands||Anne Maingay||AM@painsley.staffs.sch.uk|
|East of England & Noth East London||Doug Brechinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Central and North West London||Cristina Taboadaemail@example.com|
|South East & South London||Louise Collier||L.Collier@darrickwood.bromley.sch.uk|
|South West||Sara Jacobsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
From time to time, the DfE or your regional WLE lead, may contact you to complete a short survey. This will be an opportunity to express your views and let us know the progress that you have made as a result of accessing a coach. We will not be asking you to share any personal or confidential details about your coaching journey or its outcomes.
If you have any questions, please view our Frequently Asked Questions document – which has been written for coaches but which you may find helpful.
If you need any further help or support, please contact the team at WLEcoaching@tscouncil.org.uk